Joining the Pumpkin Polka Trick-or-Treat is easy and helps provide children with a gentle and inclusive trick-or-treating experience!
- Read the following guidelines and tips
- Fill out the online form
- Your home will be identified on a Pumpkin Polka Trick-or-Treat map available online and in local stores
- We will deliver a polka-dotted pumpkin to your front porch on Thursday, October 29 to let our trick-or-treaters know they are welcome at your home!
- Hand out toys/stickers instead of candy
- Don’t post any large or spooky decorations, flashing lights, or loud music.
- Keep dogs and other animals that may overwhelm children away from the front door.
- Refrain from asking children to say “trick or treat”
- Turn on front porch lights and clear your porch from tripping hazards
- Put your polka-dotted pumpkin somewhere that trick-or-treaters can see it from the sidewalk
- All homes must be located in the Sunnyland neighborhood!
Please understand that children with disabilities (and many others!):
- May not make eye contact, say “trick or treat”, or “thank you”
- May have difficulty grasping a toy or (grasping just one toy)
- May not feel comfortable wearing a costume and will trick-or-treat in their street clothes
- May have difficulty walking up steps
- May become very excited, overwhelmed, or anxious
- May have overcome a great challenge just by making it to your front door, so please make them feel welcome!